Followers

Site Design By

Powered by Blogger.
January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!

    It has been a few weeks since my last blog. I feel like I am failing miserably at this.  I actually really enjoy it, but every time i start to write I'm like ;'Oh shoot, I should go edit those pictures', or 'Maybe I should go walk the dog', or 'Maybe I should go pee', I'd imagine holding it for more then an hour probably isn't the best idea ever.

So the last few weeks... Let's see. It was my Dad, my Uncle Norms and My sisters birthday.

One night we went out to sushi in my hometown Cave Junction. It was amazing....Seriously, I am impressed. {haters gonna hate ;)}

{mom and dad}
 My mom and dad have never had sushi, And my dad wasn't planning on it so he ordered ribs. . .  He did how ever mistake the Wasabi for guacamole.... a whole spoon full...  he handled it like a champ though, I didn't even see his eyes water... Very impressive.

{we were just cleaning our palets} thanks for the picture mom!

That was a fun night... the next day Brian and I headed over to his mom's for lunch. Something we do every Sunday. Brian has a very large family. He is one of 5 siblings. It has been part of our routine for years.  I have to say, I am very very blessed with my family. On both sides. I genuinely love to be around them. I hear that this is rare.
 Anyway, after we stuffed our faces {even though we actually sat down and made an agreement that we wouldn't over do it} we headed to My grandma's to continue the birthday party festivities. My dad and Shannon were sick... total bummer... on the bright side there was a lot more home made pizza for us.  It was a good and bad thing.  Good thing because My grandma makes the best pizza in the whole wide world and anyone that has  had  the opportunity to enjoy a slice would agree. It was a bad thing because as I said earlier I STUFFED myself and Sunday lunch.... I know what you are thinking... did that stop you Ashley?  did you decide to maybe take a break from the food before you went in for round two?  the answer is no. I love bread. I love pizza, and I love my grandmas pizza.  I went for it, in a big way... and this was the outcome.... {thanks for the picture Aunt Cathy}
I told you my whole life is documented...

I seriously was in pain until the next day.... annnnd then I ate some left over pizza....  I will never learn.


Anyway,
It was my Dad's Birthday.. And he was sick.. I feel really bad about that.
My Dad is amazing. He had not 1 but 4 girls. Poor guy, him and my mom thought I {the youngest} was going to be a boy, but nope.... However, I do look a lot like him and for that I got the nick name of "Little Chuck" growing up. {My Dad's Name is Chuck, just in case you didn't catch that.}

I always heard if you have a really loving and respectful dad, you will marry someone like him.
When I met Brian I didn't see the resemblance I mean as far as being loving and respectful, yes. But when it came to activities, Hobbies, Looks there wasn't much that they had in common..
It is getting almost scary how slowly how I am realizing how much they are alike. Pictures of my dad 25 yrs ago look a lot like Brian now....


 

Am i right, Or what?!  This isn't the best comparison picture... I think it would be fun to have Brian part his hair like my dad did for a picture to make the two of them look more a like but lets get real....
Generally these are what our "couple pictures" look like. . .
Like I have said before, I will take what I can get. ..
Have a good week everyone!!!

0 comments: